Welcome to The Little Things Thursday!!
If you are new to our link-up, we like to take a minute to look back on the little things that brightened our week. So often we get busy and forget all of the things that we enjoy as we go through our daily lives. This is an opportunity to stop, remember, and enjoy those things! Nothing is too small...in fact, the smaller the better! That's the whole point! If you have a blog, link-up below. If you don't blog, I'd love for you to participate by leaving a comment. Ready?
It's a little ridiculous how excited I get over this kind of thing, but I'm thrilled that Sean coaxed Abby to eat plain cheese! She really doesn't like cheese, although we can sometimes get her to eat it if it's hidden in something. Plain cheese though? Not a chance! And then Sean decided to try it with her again. For some reason, she's okay with it now. I have no idea why she changed her mind, but....yay!
2. Great-Grandparents Ishum Visit
We always love it when great-grandparents make the trip into town to visit! Last week, we got to spend time with the Great-Grandparents Ishum and take a few photos. Considering that there are six kids in the photo, I think it turned out pretty well!
3. Modern Medicine
I've always said that I was born in the wrong time period. Then I get sick, and I'm delighted to live in a time period with modern medicine. All six of us have been sick for the last week. Everyone seems to be getting better except for me. Apparently there are no sick days for Mamas! I finally made it to the doctor this morning, and have a nice case of bronchitis. I guess my kitchen counter will look like this awhile longer as we all try to fully recover.
What would we do without our friends? In spite of knowing that we are all pretty sick, our friend Beth still came over today to help me. She ended up holding down the fort by herself all morning so that I could go to the doctor, and then take Ellie to her doctor to make sure she doesn't have what I do (no bronchitis for her!). That is some serious sacrificial love on her part!
5. The Best Husband Ever
And, of course, with how sick I currently am, Sean has proved once again just how wonderful he is! So far this week:
- I forgot to turn on my cell phone yesterday morning. He couldn't get in touch with me, so drove home from work to make sure I hadn't passed out on the floor due to being sick. Then he wasn't irritated when he got here and realized that it was an "oops!" on my part!
- Has been willing to get up in the middle of the night to give Ellie breathing treatments so that I can take Nyquil and (try) to sleep off what I have.
- Made sure that I knew I could get some work done last night when his friend from highschool was over. I hate being rude, so he fixed it so that I didn't have to be. He wanted to make sure I finished everything and still got to sleep at a decent time.
- Picked up Papa Murphy's Pizza tonight for dinner so that I wouldn't have to cook.
Hand's off, ladies! He's all mine! :)
The link up rules are super simple!
1. Please add the button or a text link to your sidebar or post to share the fun that we are having over here!
2. Please visit at least one other blog linking up and leave some blog love. Maybe you will find someone else's "little thing" is exactly what you needed to read!
3. Please keep your linked post clean and respectful! Any links directing to offensive posts will be deleted.