I like to write my "What I'm Into" posts at the end of every month, but they are more general than this list. If you were ever curious about just how weird I am, this will give you a definite glimpse into that.
2. I have a major phobia of raw chicken. I have to immediately bleach my entire sink and all counters after dealing with it. And whole chickens are even worse! I've been known to completely alter recipes just so that I don't have to deal with the whole chicken.
3. I can't squish a bug. The whole crunching shell, legs, body thing gives me the willies. I will either flush it down the toilet (if I'm pretty sure it can't swim), scoop it up and take it outside so that it gets a second chance at life, or slap it with a shoe while dancing around and screaming. But if there is any other adult present, I make them deal with it.
4. I'd rather scrub a toilet than do laundry.
5. I've stopped following recipes 100%. I always end up tweaking it a little bit. And then I tweak my tweak the next time.
6. If I go more than three days without writing, I start to go into withdrawal.
7. Right now my ideal vacation consists of at least 48 straight hours of sleeping. No interruptions. No demands on my time. Just a dark room, extra pillows, a down comforter, and room service (and no bill. Ha!).
8. Purple is my default eye shadow color. It's been that way for years. I've branched out a bit, but I always find myself going back to that color.
9. I am terrified of the Muppets. Terr-i-fied. Sean has a bunch of Muppet movies, but he knows that he has to watch those when I'm not home. And yes, it took me quite awhile to be able to cope with Sesame Street on in the house. Hey, some people are afraid of clowns. I'm afraid of Muppets. Don't judge!
10. Talking on the phone makes me super nervous. I think it's because I feel like I'm on the spot. If I'm answering phones or making calls as part of a job, that's different. I have no problem doing that. But personal calls? I really try to avoid those. Yeah, I never said that my quirkiness makes sense. Hmm...there must be an underlying reason why I went with writing as a career choice...
Am I super weird? Or do you have quirks too? Leave me a comment with something weird about you!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, please see my disclaimer page.