Thank you to Red Gold Tomatoes for sponsoring this post.
It's chili season! Everybody break out your slow cookers!
We decided to christen the fall season with a big slow cooker full of Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili
Now, before y'all run off because this is yet another pumpkin recipe on the internet, you HAVE to try this one.
All that to say, it's delicious!!
Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili
adapted from this Red Gold recipe
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 (15 oz) cans Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Pumpkin
- 1 (14.5) can Corn
- 1 (14.5 oz) Red Gold Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice & Cilantro
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1.5 tsp Cumin
- 1.5 tsp Oregano
- 0.75 tsp Cinnamon
- Grated Cheese
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and garlic, and cook until tender. Drain.
2. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
3. Serve with cubed avocado and grated cheese!
If you are lucky, you'll have leftovers so that you can enjoy it for another meal.
While you are enjoying your chili, you can buzz over to the Red Gold FaceBook page and enter their "Red Gold 2-a-day Crock-Pot Give-a-way!" They are giving away 2 Crock-Pots everyday, September 17 through October 8. You have no excuse now to not make this Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili recipe!disclaimer page.