What am I calling it a thingy? Mostly because I'm not sure how else to categorize it.
But who cares what category it fall in, because it is just plain exciting!
A few weeks ago, I came across Beth Ann's blog, It's Just Life. She has an awesome program on her blog where for every comment that is left on a post, she donates a certain amount of money to an organization of the month.
I saw that, and fell in love with the idea immediately! Beth Ann has graciously given us permission to borrow her "Comments for a Cause" name, and we are ready to roll as of September 1st! (As a side note: head over to It's Just Life and leave a comment! You will donate to her August organization of the month: Second Life Bicycles!)
I'm excited because this will do several things:
- We will get to highlight organizations and ministries that are doing great work!
- You will get to bless them without doing anything more difficult than typing a comment and hitting submit.
- They will benefit from an extra special gift from A Beautiful Ruckus readers (and you can be sure that we will let them know that YOU are behind it!)
- I really love reading comments. Really, really! So I hope you will leave a bunch and make me happy, the organization of the month happy, and yourself happy because you just gave back!
So here is how this is going to work. Ready?
- For every comment that you leave on a blog post, we will donate $0.10 to the organization/ministry of the month. (I have a fun twist on this that will happen as soon as my blog finishes migrating to a new server, so stay tuned for it to get even better!)
- The comment has to be on an actual blog post. Comments on the FaceBook page, Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, etc. don't count. Mostly because there is no way that I could possibly keep up with the comment count on all of those! So leave comments directly on a blog post to make my life easy and for them to count.
- Comments on giveaway posts don't count. I get lots of comments from people just strolling through to either enter a giveaway or leave a comment saying, "great post" to get a back link to their business. They clearly aren't involved in our community (Which is sad! They should hang out with us, right??) So, in an effort to only give real comments credit, we are just striking the comments on giveaway posts all together.
So there you have it! Pretty simple! Leave a real comment on a post on the blog, and $0.10 goes straight to the organization/ministry of the month!
(P.S. If you are a blogger or business and want to hear about partnering with me for a month at a time to benefit a ministry, send me an email at theishumquads "at" gmail.com. I'll send out a preview email to those on the list a week or so ahead of the new month and give bloggers and businesses a chance to join me during the upcoming month. There is no obligation if you send me an email, and it isn't a money-making opportunity for either of us, but it is a great way to love on a ministry/organization. Plus, I'll flat out give you ad space or something if you partner with us. That's how much I want to see this succeed!)