Tuesday, March 4, 2014

First Day of Preschool - Take Two!

Wow...our track record is really bad so far.

Our first day of preschool was canceled due to ice and snow. Our second day of preschool didn't happen because poor little Elijah was throwing up and had a fever.

Aren't they supposed to wait until AFTER they have been exposed to preschool germs to come down with the flu?? Gah!!

So we are going to try again tomorrow. Maybe. Assuming the flu germs were content feasting on Elijah and have moved on.

Right, like that is going to happen...


Never mind the last couple of sentences above. Since I originally wrote this post, I came down with the stomach flu too. I'm just waiting for the other three kids to drop. They share everything, so I know it's coming. It's not pessimistic; it's realistic.

Anyway, we were going to try tomorrow, but Caleb's teacher called to tell me that they are going on a field trip to the grocery store tomorrow. She thought it might make for a traumatic first day given his special needs even though Ellie would be on the same field trip.

Yeah. Plus, one of the two of them would throw up next to the bananas with my kind of luck.

Instead, we decided that waiting until next Monday would probably be in everyone's best interest.

So stay tuned for our third attempt at preschool next week!


  1. Oh no! I hope everyone at your house gets to feeling better soon.

  2. Yikes! Hope it was short lived!!


We would love to hear what you think! Please know that all comments are on a slight delay as we approve them on our end. Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...